At Dental Associates of Delaware the only thing we love more than creating and maintaining beautiful smiles are the Holidays! To help our patients in the areas of our offices in Brandywine, Hockessin, Middletown, Newark, Wilmington, Millsboro, or Newark Pediatric office celebrate we decided to offer up some winter recipes. Remember, your teeth and oral hygiene are still our number one priority so remember to brush and floss after enjoying your Holiday meal and dessert! As we are both a general dentistry practice and a cosmetic dentistry practice we want to make sure that while you enjoy the Holidays, you are also protecting your teeth. We encourage you to take a look at some of these pro-oral health recipes and consider trying one this Holiday season.
Skillet Mac & Cheese
We are sure that you know there is plenty of calcium and Vitamin D in cheese, but did you know that this is important for your teeth? Remember, teeth are bones! Cheese is rich in both calcium and phosphorus, which can protect your tooth enamel. What goes better with some cheese than macaroni! Check out this recipe for skillet macaroni and cheese.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- ¾ lbs cheese
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cream; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain macaroni; add to cheese mixture. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
Oatmeal, Cranberry & White Chocolate Cookies
The Holidays are as much about the sweets as they are the savory foods we enjoy so we thought we would provide you with a delicious dessert recipe!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup pack brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla for five minutes
- In another bowl combine oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add to butter mixture 1 cup at a time
- Mix in white chocolate chips and cranberries
- Drop spoonful’s onto greased cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minute at 350 degrees F.
Your Dentist in Brandywine, Hockessin, Middletown, Newark, Wilmington, Millsboro, & Pediatric Dentist in Newark, DE Wish You Happy Holidays!
All the Dentists and staff at Dental Associates of Delaware wish you a healthy and happy Holiday season! If you have any questions about our cosmetic or general dentistry services or how to avoid cavities over the Holiday Season, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you soon!